Saturday, December 5, 2009

What do you think of the trilogy the golden compass, the Subtle Knife and the amber Spy Glass?

Which one is your fave?, did you like the film the golden compass?What do you think of the trilogy the golden compass, the Subtle Knife and the amber Spy Glass?
In England the first book was called ';Northern Lights';. Pullman is English btw. It was called ';The Golden Compass'; for the US market. I guess there was already a book called ';Northern Lights'; there





To answer your question, I liked the second one best, where they could cross-over between worlds.





I thought the film was very good, and quite true to the book, if lacking in all the fine detail...What do you think of the trilogy the golden compass, the Subtle Knife and the amber Spy Glass?
I think the books work best as a trilogy, but if I had to pick one as my favourite I would have to say The Subtle Knife.
I think I'd go with Subtle Knife too.
The first was my fave Northern Lights as it is in the UK - i've not seen the film but I imagine they've butchered it somehow
The books work really well as a trilogy. The Subtle Knife is good, but I think my favourite has to be The Amber Spyglass.


I haven't seen the film, been told by a friend that it is disappointing.
The film was an utter disappointment. Visually, it's stunning, but conceptually, the plot is completely watered down, the ending just cuts off, and the complex mythology that is so fascinating in the book is left out completely.





Of the three books, my favorite is ';The Amber Spyglass.'; I like how epic it is, I like the allusions to other literature, and I really enjoy Pullman's interesting take on life after death, the immortality of the human spirit, etc. The mythology is fascinating, and the novel ended the series in exactly the right way.
The Subtle knife. I am irritated by ';The Golden Compass'; there was no compass at all it was called an alethiometer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses