Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do you think Christopher Paolini should write a pre-trilogy to the Inheritance Series?

I personally think that Christopher Paolini should write a series that branches off of the Inheritance Series, that describe the things that happened before Eragon. For example, the books could follow the adventures of Brom, the fall of the Dragon Riders, the rise of Galbatorix, and such. Kind of like how Star Wars had the pre-trilogy that described how Vader came to be. What do you guys think?Do you think Christopher Paolini should write a pre-trilogy to the Inheritance Series?
I don't think he should.





Remember how the Star Wars prequels turned out?





I wouldn't bother reading them. Eragon is more of a plot-based story than a character-based one. Knowing how everything would end beforehand would kill a lot of joy in reading it.





Unless Paolini inserts some character development into Galbatorix, that is. I would love to see things from Galby's point of view. Right now he's a flat flat flat evil overlord.





I don't get why people hate on him so much. Sure he's a murderer, but he's been pretty cool since then. All he does is collect taxes and allow slavery. Not too bad for a medieval ruler.





And am I the only one who kind of felt that he should have gotten that second chance at a dragon? When he confronted Oranis about it, Oranis was all like ';la la la la la la la. I can't hear you';





Poor guy lost his dragon and all everyone could say was ';suits you right';





Jerks.





EDIT:


I think things will end up pretty happy. Remember that prophecy that said Eragon and all his elf buddies would leave ';across the sea'; or something once everything was done?Do you think Christopher Paolini should write a pre-trilogy to the Inheritance Series?
I love Eragon! I have the books practically memorized! However, prequels would not work. What's Eragon without Eragon?
NO
  • trojan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    viruses