Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What is your favorite part in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and why?

Mine is where Frodo and Sam are rescued at the end; but the saddest part is where Frodo leaves the Shire for the Havens.What is your favorite part in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and why?
i have to say, i loved the books, and the previous one the hobbit, i read them years ago, the films were okay, but the books were brilliant, so what is my favourite bit, difficult to say,you do realise i will have to reread them all again to find out, ta, lolWhat is your favorite part in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and why?
I have a few favorites. Some because they make me smile or laugh. Some because they speak to the unbreakable and indomitable characters of the hobbits. Here are just a few:





Bilbo's birthday party: ';I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve';. It makes me giggle every time.





Rosie to Sam: ';You've been sticking with Mr Frodo all this time, don't you go leaving him just when things start to look dark.'; Sam's response to it is just spectacular. :D





Frodo on the Fords of Bruinen. He stands against the Nine all alone for all intents and purposes. He stood his ground even as he was dying. It speaks volumes to the inner strength of hobbits.





Sam carrying Frodo up the mountain when Frodo had nothing left to give. Do I even need to explain this?





Merry and Eowyn on the Pelennor Fields facing the Witch King.





that's all I can think of at the moment. But I'm rereading the series again (for the millionth time) i'll probably come up with more when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses