Friday, December 11, 2009

If I enjoyed the Harry Potter series, will I also enjoy the His Dark Materials trilogy?

I enjoyed the Harry Potter books more the darker the plot became.....so what do you think?If I enjoyed the Harry Potter series, will I also enjoy the His Dark Materials trilogy?
I believe you will. I liked the HP series better as well when the plot began to get darker, and I absolutely love the HDM books. The first book can seem a bit long, but the more you read the better it gets, especially the plot. The last book in particular was astonishing.


I highly doubt you'll regret reading that trilogy. =)If I enjoyed the Harry Potter series, will I also enjoy the His Dark Materials trilogy?
One main difference between these two, aside from the fact that the Harry Potter series is much longer, is that the themes in the Dark Materials series are darker and more controversial. So quite likely you would.
Pullman's His Dark Materials Trilogy is a great series. There are religious undertones to the book and it would probably be great if you read the first one before the movie comes out and ruins it. It does have references to talking animals, witches, and daemons.
personally I could not get into the His Dark Materials trilogy, but I loved Harry Potter. I have some friends who agree with me and some who don't, so you should probably give it a shot.
I think you will, but be prepared for the heavy anti-religious undertones in His Dark Materials. J.K.'s books have religious themes in them, even and especially the final books. (But her religious themes are more ambigous and torn). I read 2 of 3 but I couldn't get into them. Few writers can compare to the magic of J.K.'s storytelling. Nevertheless, maybe worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses