Thursday, June 24, 2010

Who all likes the first book in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?

i am reading it and i wonder who all likes it.


please comment onlikes and dislikes.


THANKS!Who all likes the first book in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?
i've read the whole trilogy and its amazing.


although i think it can be very slow at times.


but the first book give you a lot of history of Middle-Earth and the importance of the Ring.


The Hobbit is an amazing book as well, although its not a part of the trilogy i have to say its my favorite J.R.R. Tolkien book.Who all likes the first book in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?
glad i could help! Report Abuse

while it was not my favorite in the trillogy (I much preferred two towers as a book) I truly enjoy reading it and do so as often as possible. At least twice a year I'll read through the entire trillogy. In fact, it's just about time to do so again.








Robert: Tom was included to show that not everyone in middle earth was part of middle earth and could therefore be tainted by the power and evil of the ring. He also allowed for the hobbits to forget their troubles with the nine for a short while in his house. I must say that your advice of the book is rather lacking....I would not recommend that they skip so much of the story....remember that bree and weathertop are both between chapter two and the counsil of elrond. Those are incredibly important to understanding the rest of the story after the counsil.
I loved it, though I found the chapter The Council of Elrond very slow... but I was 17 when I read it the first time. It hasn't bothered me in subsequent readings!
OMG I LUV LOTR!!! It's definitely worth reading!! I absolutely love all the books, they are amazing. I have no dislikes, I am a total LOTR fanatic!! I say read it, it's amazing!!
I read the entire series over 12 times. I think it is one of the best books of all time.
Love the ';Fellowship';.


In some ways, the first book (or part) is the most fascinating because it is crucial to establish the ';world-building';, the principal characters, and the conflicts.
Definitely great stuff. In fact I'm reading it right now. I've forgotten how many times I've read it.





I don't really have any criticisms. But I have wondered why Tom Bombadil was even included. He just doesn't seem to fit the story very well. My guess; he was a character that Tolkien had in mind for a long time and he grabbed the chance to put him in somewhere.





For those who are reading it for the first time, I would recommend starting at the end of chapter 1 through chapter 2 and then skip on to ';The Council of Elrond';.


After finishing the entire story, you can always go back and pick up the stuff you skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses