Thursday, June 24, 2010

Should I start with my trilogy?

I have written a sword%26amp;sorcery trilogy, and am currecntly re-writing and editing it and was wondering if I needed to get other work published first, in order to have a list to show any possible publishers?Should I start with my trilogy?
You don't have to, though it wouldn't hurt to have some published works under your belt--even if it's just a short story. But I don't know if that will make finding an agent significantly easier. If I were you, I would continue tweaking with what I have and finish it instead of stalling.





You can do whatever you want, however you feel is the best way.Should I start with my trilogy?
it's not needed; I can name a few authors who had nothing published before their big series started (Katherine Kurtz, Diana Gabaldon, for example) Granted, they might not have been planning series at the time, but that's how it turned out.





Personally, although I've only submitted a few minor things that weren't published, I would say to go ahead and submit your trilogy. If it's good (and ';meets their current needs';!), it shouldn't matter whether or not you had anything published. Just do your research; I've *heard* that it's good if you can actually address it to the first reader at the publisher.





Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses