Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Should I read books such as the Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings trilogy?

Have anyone read the Hobbit or The Lord of The Rings before? Were the books interesting? Should I read them?Should I read books such as the Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings trilogy?
Part of my answer to you would be back to you in questions.


How old are you? Or more accurately, how old is your successful reading level? The books take some ';getting used to';. My second question is, '; Are you interested in using your imagination as you read?'; They require you to imagine things that are hard to explain.


I have read The Hobbit, and am working my way through the trilogy. It is not light, fluff reading, but the author probably had influence on C.S. Lewis, and his Narnia series. Have fun, and good reading.Should I read books such as the Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings trilogy?
The Hobbit was very interesting, and a lot of fun to read, but it's also told in a very specific style: Tolkien kinda writes the thing as if he's sitting in front of a bunch of people, telling the story. It doesn't read like a usual book and some people I asked found it annoying.





As for the books, they're also very interesting, but also very long. The first time I read the series I actually got bored and skipped halfway through the last book to the end. Then I began watching the movies, and after seeing the first two reread the series and found them to be quite different from the books. The books have a lot more adventure packed into them, little side-stories I guess you could call them since they didn't affect the main plot enough for the movie directors to have to include them, but I think it makes the books all the more interesting. Another reason you should read the books is because the portrayal of the hobbits (especially Frodo) is very different in the books than in the movies. In the movies Frodo seems like such a wimp; so do all the hobbits, really, but in the books it's a lot different.


Go ahead and read all the books! Just keep in mind that for the LOTR series you're going to need a lot of time if you want to read them right after another.
The Hobbit is one of my very favourite books, and I really liked the Lord of the Rings while I was reading it (I got side-tracked).





They're basically the same story, but The Hobbit is more like the kid-version and The Lord of the Rings is the more complex adult-version. I mean, they're different story-lines, but the premise is kinda the same.
Yes but you need to devote time as they are quite long stories. It is tough going, he namedrops about a load of hobbits you've never heard or, imaginary place names etc. It can take a while to get to grips but yes the books are a lot better than the films.
Definitely if you are interested in the whole fantasy genre. Tolkien has brilliantly created a world that a normal person today could fall into. Sometimes, it can be slow, but Tolkien uses so much imagery that you feel as if you are there yourself.
there pretty good. my advice, see the movies, and then read the books, just as to get you through the boring parts. because, the books are action packed with fighting, then have about a chapter of travel.
Yes, I think anyone who is interested in fantasy should read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. They're very interesting.
Yes, definitely! They're amazing books.
Yes, for sure they're awesome books. Though there are some parts that you could get side tracked in Don't read all four of them.
The Hobbit was good, I haven't read any of the Lord of the Rings books. I'd say go ahead and read them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses